CD's that I Really Must Insist You Run Out and Buy Immediately
- Ed Stauff: Champlain Summer
- My solo piano CD. Buy one so I can feed my starving children!
Better yet, buy ten and get a discount!
- Mary Ellen Wessels: Current Obsessions
- My wife's CD. Buy one so she can feed her starving children!
- Maddy Prior & The Carnival Band: Carols & Capers
or A Tapestry of Christmas Carols
- Two absolutely wonderful Christmas albums.
- Gordon Bok & Cindy Kallet: Neighbors
- There's something about Cindy's alto voice that I find totally soothing,
and it blends perfectly with Gordon's bass.
- Bok, Muir & Trickett: The First 15 Years
- If you're not familiar with Gordon Bok, then buy this album.
Even if you are, it's still a great collection.
Bok's rich, warm bass is one of my favorite folk voices.
- Finest Kind: Lost in a Song or Heart's Delight
- I love their harmonies.
- Kallet, Epstein & Cicone: Angels in Daring or Only Human
- My favorite folk trio of all time, edging out (for my taste) even
Bok, Muir & Trickett.
- Sally Rogers & Claudia Schmidt: Closing the Distance
- Two great singers in one great album.
- Kate Rusby: Hourglass
- Lovely voice, tasty Scottish accent, and wonderful arrangements.
- Stan Rogers: Between the Breaks Live
- If you're not familiar with Stan Rogers -- and you should be --
this is a good place to start.
- George Winston: Winter
- One of those "must-have" albums, this is George Winston at his best.
Gorgeous mellow solo piano; if you liked Champlain Summer,
you'll love this (and vice versa).
- Elton John: Elton John
- His very first album and, in my opinion, his best.